Thursday, January 31, 2008

Be Careful What You Write Phil

I was reading Phil Helmuth's January 2nd blog, when I read the following: "I haven't been playing as much poker as I usually don't play my best online because the stakes are too small for me to fully focus on. Plus, I'm usually pretty tired when I hop onto UB at night."

To the average reader, there's probably nothing out of the ordinairy here.

But here's the thing: Anyone who reads Phil Helmuth's blog or even sees him in person or reads his interviews knows that he shamelessly endorses all of the companies he is invested in.

This is another case. He wrote a paragraph about playing online poker on Ultimate Bet and mentioned the site at least three times.

But he also stated that the stakes aren't high enough on UB to keep his attention.

Well, that's because all of the high stakes online players are at Full Tilt and Poker Stars.

So essentially what Phil is saying is that if you want to play high stakes poker, UB is not the place for you. However, if you want to play low stakes games that can't even keep his attention, go play at UB, even though they have the same games and even more games at PS and FT.

Nice work, Phil. Ringing endorsement.

No comments: